become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/United_States
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
- Promotes protection and enhancement of America's historical resources.
Alameda Architectural Preservation Society
- Dedicated to preserving the architectural legacy of Alameda, California. Articles, events, officers.
The American Cultural Resources Association
- A trade association for cultural resources consulting firms, promoting the business of archaeology, history, historic preservation, architectural history.
- Fort Wayne, Indiana's not-for-profit historic preservation organization dedicated to the preservation of historic structures.
Association for Preservation Technologies Washington DC Chapter
- The local chapter of Association for Preservation Technology International. Newsletter, calendar, contacts.
The Boston Preservation Alliance
- Collective of over 50 organizations and individuals who advocate the preservation of Boston's historic buildings, communities and landscapes.
California Missions Studies Association
- A nonprofit group devoted to the study and preservation of the 21 missions and related buildings of early California. Mission directory, articles, reviews, glossary, bibliographies, projects, news and events.
California Preservation Foundation
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of California's historic built environment. Aims, membership, event calendar, publications, case studies.
Cambridge Historical Commission
- Protects historic buildings in Cambridge, Massachusetts, marks historic sites, advises owners of historic buildings on preservation, researches and publishes on the city's architectural history.
- Dedicated to saving classic movie theaters in the US. News, database, photographs, virtual tours and message boards. Also aims, founders, sponsors and volunteer staff of the web-site.
Colorado Office of Historic Preservation and Archaeology
- Comprehensive information about the architectural patrimony of the State of Colorado. History, grant, styles, planning information.
Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation
- Dedicated to preserving the state's historic architecture, streetscapes, urban neighborhoods and country landscapes. Photographs and details of endangered historic properties. News, events.
Dayton Lane Historic Area Inc.
- An association for the preservation of the historic buildings of this area of Hamilton, Ohio. Gallery, membership, activities, events.
The Dutch Barn Preservation Society
- A not-for-profit educational organization for the study and preservation of New World Dutch barns. Prints a newsletter twice a year with the latest findings on Dutch barns.
Eureka Heritage Society
- An organization dedicated to the preservation of the over 9000 historic homes in Eureka, California.
Federal Highway Administration
- The FHA has an awards program for preservation projects, particularly for historic bridges.
Florida Trust For Historic Preservation
- Aims to promote and preserve architectural, historical, and archaeological heritage. Conferences, workshops, publications and tours of preserved historical sites.
Friends of Historic Preservation, Iowa City, Iowa
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of historic buildings in Iowa City and Johnson County, Iowa. Directors, projects, events, newsletters.
Goodsprings Historical Society
- Aims to preserve the historical and natural resources of the Goodsprings Township in southern Clark County, Nevada, by educating the public about its environment, archeology and history.
Grand Canyon Historical Society
- A non-profit corporation for the study and preservation of historical sites, photographs and artifacts of Grand Canyon and surrounding areas; and restoration of sites and buildings at Grand Canyon National Park.
Hartford Preservation Alliance
- Nonprofit organization that promotes, preserves and protects historical architecture in Hartford, Connecticut.
Historic City of Jefferson
- Dedicated to the preservation and rehabilitation of historic structures in Jefferson City MO. Officers, projects, activities and heritage fund.
Historic Fredericksburg Foundation
- Aims to preserve, protect and revitalize the distinctive historic environment of the Fredericksburg area. Aims and activities, events and tours, projects, newsletter and board of directories.
Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana
- Private nonprofit group working to protect and save Indiana's historic places and educate the public about the importance of historic preservation.
Historic New England
- Aims to preserve, interpret and collect buildings, landscapes and objects reflecting New England life from the 17th century to the present. It owns and operates 35 historic properties.
Historic Savannah Foundation
- A non-profit organization aiming to preserve the architectural heritage and original plan of this city in Georgia. History, neighborhood guide, events, board of trustees, staff, how to join.
- A non-profit membership organization dedicated to promoting knowledge, appreciation and preservation of modern architecture and design in Houston and Texas. Mission, events, projects and news.
Idaho Heritage Trust
- Funded in 1989 by members of the Idaho Centennial Foundation. Gallery of projects throughout the state. Grant application (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
King William Association
- Aims to preserve the architectural and cultural heritage of the oldest historical neighborhood districts of San Antonio, Texas. Mission, history, tour, events.
Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois
- Statewide not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to the preservation of Illinois's architectural and historic resources. Membership, events, programs, current issues.
The League of Historical Societies of New Jersey
- Supports the preservation of history in the state of New Jersey.
Loudoun Restoration and Preservation Society
- LRPS devotes itself to preserving the best of the heritage of Loudoun County, Virginia. Annual August Court Days, historic plaques, grants, projects and membership.
- The non-profit historic preservation society for Memphis and Shelby County, Tennessee. Concerns, projects and successes, events, old postcards, preservation listings, roundtable forums.
Merritt Parkway Conservancy
- A program of the Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation which aims to revitalize the Merritt Parkway. Mission, Steering Committee, programs, Merritt Parkway history.
Miami Design Preservation League
- Protects, preserves and promotes the famed Art Deco District in Miami Beach, Florida. Events, architectural tours, Art Deco Museum.
Mojave Desert Heritage and Cultural Association
- A nonprofit volunteer organization devoted to preserving the natural and cultural history of the Mojave Desert regions.
Montana Preservation Alliance
- This non-profit all-volunteer organization works to preserve historic resources and places in Montana. Board, workshops, Montana's most endangered historic places.
Mosaic Templars Building Preservation Society
- Celebrates Black achievement in Arkansas and seeks to preserve African American history, heritage, organizations and enterprises in Little Rock's downtown business district on Ninth Street and Broadway.
Natchitoches Historic Foundation
- Aims to develop and improve the area’s tourist attractions, and encourage historical research and preservation. Includes information on the oldest continually occupied settlement in the Louisiana Purchase Territory.
National Architectural Trust
- A tax-exempt historic preservation and education organization dedicated to preserving distinctive properties located in National Register Historic Districts, primarily through the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentive Program.
National Conference of State Historic Preservation Officers (NCSHPO)
- Professional association of the State government officials who carry out the national historic preservation program. Includes news, preservation issues and meeting information.
National Park Service: Preservation
- Explains the preservation work of the service in America’s nearly 400 national parks, including the Historic American Buildings Survey.
National Society for the Preservation of Covered Bridges
- This American non-profit society publishes the World Guide to Covered Bridges, a quarterly magazine and a newsletter, excerpts from which are online.
National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Preservation information, features, events and activism for America's historic places.
New Jersey Historic Preservation Office
- Official website with information and technical assistance for the identification, protection, and preservation of architectural and archaeological resources.
New Jersey Lighthouse Society
- A non-profit, educational corporation dedicated to the history and preservation of lighthouses, particularly in the New Jersey, Delaware Bay and New York Harbor areas.
New York Landmarks Conservancy
- An organization which helps owners of older buildings by providing grants, low-interest loans, hands-on consulting services, workshops, and publications.
New York Preservation Archive Project
- Aims to protect the endangered narratives of historic preservation in New York through public programs, outreach, celebration and the creation of public access to information.
Old Island Restoration Foundation
- Dedicated to preserving the architectural and cultural history of Key West Florida via the Oldest House Museum, Mallory Square Museum, grants and scholarships. Details of museums, programs and renting museum gardens for events.
Oracle Historical Society
- Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of historic buildings and artifacts that reflect the history of Oracle, Arizona.
Palm Beach Preservation Foundation
- A private, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to the preservation of the historic architecture and cultural heritage of Palm Beach, Florida. Mission, activities and events.
Partners for Sacred Places
- Non-denominational nonprofit organization focused on caring for and making good use of older and historic religious properties. Includes information on places at risk extensive advice and case histories on maintenance techniques, fundraising, and preservation.
Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
- Operates the state archives and historic sites and museums throughout Pennsylvania and administers historic preservation programs.
Preservation Alliance of West Virginia
- Statewide grassroots organization dedicated to the support and promotion of historic preservation.
- An organization that seeks to improve the livability of neighborhoods and to preserve the architectural, historic, aesthetic, and economic vitality of Burlington, Vermont.
The Preservation Education Institute
- Offers workshops in Vermont, US, to lay people and professionals pertaining to historic restoration techniques and technology, as well as modern alternatives.
- The official website of the Idaho Historic Preservation Council, a non-profit organization to promote the preservation of Idaho's cultural and historical resources.
The Preservation Resource Center
- Founded in 1974, the Preservation Resource Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of historic architecture and neighborhoods of New Orleans.
Preservation Society of Newport County
- Non-profit organization which saved and opened to the public the summer homes of the 19th-century New York elite. Visitor information, events, news, membership.
Providence Preservation Society
- A non-profit, advocacy organization, offering historic house, garden and walking tours of Providence, Rhode Island, as well as technical advice to owners of historic buildings.
San Antonio Conservation Society
- Preserving San Antonio heritage for future generations of South Texans. Learn about the society - the goals, the projects, the leaders, and the related sites.
San Buenaventura Conservancy
- Historic preservation organization aiming to protect endangered historic buildings in Ventura, California. Explains its activities and includes photographs and descriptions of historically and architecturally significant buildings.
Society for the Preservation of Old Mills
- A non-profit organization. Aims, board, publications, conference, event calendar, grants for repair and research, regional chapters, links.
The Turner Foundation
- In Springfield, Ohio includes historic preservation among its mandates.
- The U.S. National Committee of the International Council on Monuments and Sites fosters heritage conservation and historic preservation.
Victorian Preservation Association of Santa Clara Valley
- A non-profit organization for those interested in the older buildings of this community. Gallery of the houses of members, membership information, related links.
Yellowstone Historic Preservation Board
- Promotes, preserves and protects the heritage and historic architecture of Yellowstone County, Montana. Includes projects, programs, virtual tours and photographs of National Register sites.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2015 at 6:05:04 UTC -