become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/United_Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings
Ancient Monuments Society
- Dedicated to the study and conservation of ancient monuments, historic buildings and fine old craftsmanship in the UK. Aims, officers, membership, casework, lecture series and publications.
Architectural Heritage Fund
- Helps voluntary and community groups to repair and regenerate historic buildings, with grants, loans, advice and publications.
Architectural Heritage Society of Scotland
- For the study and protection of Scottish architecture. The society's activities and publications.
Association of Preservation Trusts
- Representative body for building preservation trusts in the United Kingdom. Offers its members practical advice and support. Sources of finance, success stories, conference, meetings, newsletter.
Bath Preservation Trust
- Aims to preserve the unique architectural heritage of a World Heritage City. Maps and directions, news, museums run by the Trust.
Capel: The Chapels Heritage Society
- Capel encourages the study and preservation of the Nonconformist chapels of Wales. Hosted by RCAHMW.
Carved Stones Advisor Project
- Dedicated to promoting the enjoyment and protection of Scottish graveyards.
The Churches Conservation Trust
- Over 300 historic churches throughout England for people to visit, with search facilities via county, region and key features.
Conference on Training in Architectural Conservation
- A UK-registered charity that aims to improve the standard of education for everyone involved in conservation including professionals, craftspeople and building owners.
Devon Earth Building Association
- Supports research into and the conservation of earth buildings in the South West of England. Includes leaflets, newsletters and bibliography covering all aspects of building with earth.
Dundee Historic Environment Trust
- Promotes and encourages the preservation and understanding of historic buildings in Dundee, Scotland, through the provision of grants, information and events.
Friends of City Churches
- Aims to foster awareness of City of London churches and ensure their preservation. Features a clickable map and index leading to details of opening hours.
Friends of St Mary's Church, Cricklade
- Aims to raise funds for the care and maintenance of the church. Membership form, constitution, newsletters, church history.
- The group campaigns against the neglect, maltreatment and destruction of Georgian buildings, parks and gardens in England and Wales. Activities, publications, invitation to join.
Glasgow Buildings Preservation Trust
- Runs Doors Open Day in Glasgow in September and restores buildings. Programme, membership, projects and annual report.
- A charity that restores historic buildings in Northern Ireland that are at risk, and provides social housing for rent. Projects, news, tenant pages.
Heritage Trust of Lincolnshire
- Aims to protect, preserve, promote and present the heritage of the county. Photographs and details of historic buildings, with information for visitors.
- A registered charity that regenerates historic buildings whose cost of repair is uneconomic for the private sector. Staff, trustees and projects.
Historic Chapels Trust
- Aims to take into ownership and preserve redundant chapels and other places of worship in England of outstanding architectural and historic interest.
Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- The professional institute which represents conservation professionals in the public and private sectors in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Quarterly magazine 'Context'.
The International Council on Monuments and Sites: UK
- The UK section of the international non-governmental organization of professionals, dedicated to the conservation of the world's historic monuments and sites.
- An independent organisation which receives an annual grant from the States of Jersey to support its running costs. Responsible for the island's major historic sites and museums.
- A charity which rescues buildings of historic interest or architectural importance and gives them a new life by making them available to stay in for holidays. The official site gives sample pages from the handbook.
The Lutyens Trust
- An educational charity which acts as a source of information and help on the care and maintenance of the works of Sir Edwin Lutyens. Biography, chronology, works and bibliography.
Maintain our Heritage
- A not-for-profit organisation conducting a research programme into the benefits of regular maintenance and a pilot service in the Bath area. Includes research findings.
National Piers Society
- Promoting and sustaining interest in the preservation and continued enjoyment of Seaside Piers. News, images of surviving and lost British piers.
The Regency Society
- A registered charity which campaigns for the preservation and enhancement of the historic architecture of Brighton and Hove. Issues, events, lectures, newsletter.
Round Tower Churches Society
- Works for the preservation of churches with round towers, mostly found in East Anglia, and investigates their history. Council members, application to join, churches to visit, tour programme.
SAVE Britain's Heritage
- Conservation group campaigning for endangered historic buildings. News, achievements, publications list, buildings at risk register.
- A campaign against upgrading the A303 road through the Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Wiltshire, England.
The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Founded by William Morris in 1877 to counteract the destructive 'restoration' of medieval buildings by Victorian architects. Activities, publications, events, course for home owners.
The Twentieth Century Society
- Aims to safeguard the heritage of architecture and design in Britain from 1914 onwards. Aims, history, activities, casework, news, publications and membership of the society.
Ulster Architectural Heritage Society
- Promotes the appreciation and conservation of architecture from the prehistoric to the present in the nine counties of Ulster.
The Victorian Society
- Campaigns for the preservation of Victorian and Edwardian buildings in England and Wales.
Warley Woods Community Trust
- Aims to restore and maintain this urban parkland in Smethwick designed by landscape architect Humphry Repton. History, news, activities, notes for teachers, membership and committee.
Wilts and Berks Canal Trust
- A registered charity committed to the restoration of the Wilts and Berks Canal, the central section of the Wessex Waterways Network. Includes news, history, and images.
Worcestershire and Dudley Historic Churches Trust
- Seeks to award grants toward the preservation, repair, or improvement of any Christian Church within the geographical area of the Diocese of Worcester or the county of Worcestershire. Includes aims, annual report and church tours.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 4, 2014 at 14:35:06 UTC -