the entire directory
only in Preservation/Organizations
Reference: Museums: Museum Resources: Organizations
Society: History: Organizations
Aga Khan Trust for Culture
- Focuses on the physical, social, cultural and economic revitalisation of communities in the Muslim world.
Al-Quds / Jerusalem 2015
- A collaborative, long-term program devoted to the architectural heritage of Al-Quds/Jerusalem, involving concerned international institutions and organisations.
Association for Preservation Technology International
- Aims to advance the application of technology to the conservation of the built environment. Conference, bulletin, membership, local chapters, scholarships.
Atomic Age Alliance
- A volunteer organization dedicated to celebrating and preserving historic Mid Century Modernism and Atomic Age design and architecture.
Committee of Struggle against Gold Mining in Chalkidiki
- Opposition to the building of a gold plant in Olympias.
Cultural Heritage Without Borders
- Aims to restore cultural property in those areas ravaged by conflicts, catastrophes or endangered in other ways. News, activities, appeal for support.
Falmouth Heritage Renewal
- A United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to saving the cultural and historical heritage of Falmouth, Jamaica. Mission, illustrated history of Falmouth, programs, partners and news.
Historic Cities Programme
- Part of the Aga Khan Trust Culture which focuses on the physical, social, cultural and economic revitalisation of communities in the Muslim world.
International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property
- Created by UNESCO to promote conservation of monuments and sites of historical, artistic and archaeological interest. Headquarters in Rome. Activities, events calendar, image archive, training directory. English and French versions
International Council on Monuments and Sites
- A non-governmental organization of professionals dedicated to the conservation of the world's historic monuments and sites. General Assembly, news, national committees, scientific committees. English and French versions.
Promotion of Monuments in Curaçao
- PROMO aims to preserve, conserve and maintain historical buildings in Curaçao (Netherlands Antilles). Includes photo gallery of buildings.
Sociedade dos Amigos dos Jardins Europa e Paulistano
- Neighborhood group aiming to preserve the "Garden City" districts of São Paulo, Brazil, designed by British architects Barry Parker and Raymond Unwin in the 1920s. Site in Portuguese and English.
An Taisce: The National Trust for Ireland
- Concerned with conserving the best of Ireland's heritage, both built and natural. Policy, environmental programs, National Spring Clean, planning, events.
The Tibet Heritage Fund
- Organized, funded and supervised the protection and restoration of the ancient secular buildings on the Lhasa Barkor, many originally scheduled for demolition.
- Elegant site from UNESCO explaining the choice of certain buildings and sites as World Heritage. List with pictures and information available on each. French and English language options.
World Monuments Fund
- Private, nonprofit organization for preserving art and architecture, based in New York. Photographs and descriptions of 100 most endangered sites. Projects, Jewish Heritage, trips, publications.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 17, 2015 at 2:24:06 UTC -