the entire directory
only in Architecture/Preservation
Arts: Architecture: History
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Historic Preservation
Home: Home Improvement: Restoration
This category in other languages:
- Cathedral Communications provides a directory of building conservation companies, courses and organizations, mainly in the United Kingdom. Also on-line articles and events listing.
The Conservation Glossary
- Architectural, building and conservation terms explained by Neil Grieve of The Centre for Conservation and Urban Studies, University of Dundee.
Cultural Heritage Charters and Standards
- A review of the principal UNESCO and ICOMOS charters and standards for the preservation of cultural heritage by J.K. Gillon.
Cultural Heritage Search Engine
- A directory of sites related to the conservation of cultural heritage - the natural and urban landscape. English and Italian.
- Specializes in practical books on building conservation, preservation and heritage. Also publishes the Journal of Architectural Conservation: abstracts online.
- Offers courses and consulting in historic preservation, decorative painting, and traditional building techniques. Avignon, France.
European Heritage Network
- The Council of Europe offers a databank on official heritage policies, and a heritage portal.
Heritage Preservation Services
- The US National Park Service provides illustrated guidelines for rehabilitating historic properties, preservation briefs, information on tax incentives and a catalog of its publications.
Masonry Conservation Research Group
- In the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen describes its research into building stone decay, conservation and historic preservation.
National Center for Preservation Technology and Training
- The U.S. National Park Service provides searchable databases on training, materials, job opportunities, conferences, funding and its grants and projects.
Old House Journal
- Online magazine. Preservation advice for owners of old homes, restoration directory, products, classifieds, bulletin boards.
- Architect Sergio Tinè uses his experience of conserving historic buildings in the island of Ortygia to propose a code of professional practice for urban conservation.
Pond Lily Mill Restorations
- Ted Hazen supplies extensive, illustrated information on the history and technology of flour milling in America, and the restoration of watermills, with bibliography.
- Independent organization of friends and alumni of the Columbia University Historic Preservation Program.
- Resources and research tools for historic preservation and cultural resource management in the US. Lists preservation organizations, programs, historic property for sale, news and events.
Preserve and Protect
- A not-for-profit corporation providing space on the web for historic preservation and environmental protection organizations.
- Cornell University's resource for US preservationists includes listings of job opportunities and conferences, along with a directory of web-sites related to historic preservation.
- A forum and clearinghouse for the latest news, information, and techniques concerning historic preservation and the history of Los Angeles and Southern California.
Restoration Trades Exchange
- An online business exchange for the building restoration field in America, featuring directories, job listings, trade forums, regional information.
Riwaq - Centre for Architectural Conservation
- Aims to safeguard Palestinian heritage. Projects, including a national register, publications, on-line exhibition of Palestinian tiles.
USGS National Geologic Lexicon Database
- Find out about US stone names here.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2013 at 0:35:07 UTC -