become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Inns and Public Houses
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings
Barley Hall, York
- This medieval oak-framed house has been carefully restored to the way it would have looked in the 1480s. Photographs, visitor information.
- An illustrated description and history of a historic old Lancashire farmhouse nestling among the Rossendale Hills in the West Pennines of northern England.
Medieval Peasant Houses
- Mainly in 14th-century England. Scholarly summary by Paul Gans of the Department of Chemistry, New York University, on his Medieval Technology Pages.
RCAHM Vernacular Architecture
- Outline of the Royal Commission for Ancient and Historic Monuments in Wales approach to the study of the traditional architecture of farmhouses, farm-buildings and cottages.
Scottish Vernacular Buildings Working Group
- SVBWG provides a focus for people interested in the traditional buildings of Scotland. Illustrated description of its activities and events.
- A beginner's guide to the history and construction of medieval timber-framed houses in England and Wales by the owner of one. Examples, bibliography and glossary.
Yorkshire Vernacular Buildings Study Group
- Researches and records the vernacular architecture of Yorkshire, organises conferences, dayschools and walkabouts, and publishes newsheets and an annual journal.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 21, 2016 at 10:54:04 UTC -