become an editor
the entire directory
only in Greek/Parthenon
Periods and Styles
Regional: North America: United States: Tennessee: Localities: N: Nashville: Arts and Entertainment: Museums: The Parthenon
British Committee for the Restitution of the Parthenon Marbles
- Dedicated to securing the return of the Elgin Marbles to the new Acropolis Museum in Athens. Includes a history of the marbles taken from the Acropolis and reconstructions of the Parthenonon.
Elgin Marbles: Parthenon Frieze
- David Pinnegar's novel analysis of the frieze and the meaning of the Parthenon itself, arguing that the marbles should be reunited with existing sections in Athens.
- News and information on the campaign for the restitution of the Elgin Marbles to the New Acropolis Museum in Athens, and the restitution of other artworks to their country of origin.
Great Buildings Online: The Parthenon
- Description, images and 3D model of this monument by Ictinus and Callicrates with Phidias architect, at Athens, Greece, built -477 to -438.
- The National Documentation Centre of Greece provides photographs of all restored stones of the Parthenon frieze from the British, Louvre and Acropolis museums, with a detailed description and history.
- A site from Columbia University that provides images and descriptive text about the frieze at the Parthenon in Athens, Greece.
- An organisation of 17 committees from Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Cyprus, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the USA that are committed to the return of the Parthenon sculptures to Athens.
- Ian Swindale and his students in Crete present the history of the magnificent frieze and sculptures from the Parthenon in Athens and the campaign to return to Greece those now in the British Museum.
- Illustrated article from the collaborative online encyclopedia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 22, 2008 at 17:06:45 UTC -