become an editor
the entire directory
only in Periods_and_Styles/Baroque
Periods and Styles
Wren, Sir Christopher
Arts: Periods and Movements: Baroque
- Images from Prof Jeffery Howe, Boston College, of Rubens' houses and the Church of St Charles Borromeo in Antwerp, Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte and Versailles, France.
- Images and information on buildings in the Baroque style and their architects, provided by Great Buildings Online.
Baroque Rome in the Etchings of Giuseppe Vasi
- Vasi published 10 books of etchings of the monuments of Rome (1746-61), which can be seen here alongside photographs of the same locations today.
History of Baroque Architecture
- Photographs of several notable Baroque churches in Rome. Part of History of Western Architecture from the Leo Masuda Architectonic Research Office.
St Paul's Cathedral, London
- The official site of the magnificent Baroque church designed by Sir Christopher Wren in 1673. It has an illustrated chronology and 360-degree panoramas that require QuickTime VR.
Triumph of the Baroque, Architecture in Europe: 1600-1750
- A virtual tour of the exhibition at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, United States, 21 May - 9 October 2000.
- Elegant bilingual official site offering history, guided tour via an interactive map, 360-degree panoramas, gallery of masterpieces and visitor information.
Wikipedia: Baroque Architecture
- An illustrated history and description of the style.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 16, 2011 at 7:35:27 UTC -