become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Organizations
Open Directory - Arts: Architecture: History: Organizations
Arts: Architecture: Preservation: Organizations
- Non-profit organization devoted to the documentation and conservation of buildings, sites and neighbourhoods of the modern movement. Includes aims, activities, publications and conferences.
The International Molinological Society
- Fosters interest and understanding of wind, water and animal-driven mills. It encourages research, preservation and restoration of historical mills. Activities, news, publications, glossary, links.
International Survey of Jewish Monuments
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the research, preservation and documentation of Jewish historical monuments from around the world. Newsletter, monuments information by country.
Organization of World Heritage Cities
- List of member cities, with an outline history of each and links to further information.
The Society for Church Archaeology
- Promotes the study of churches and other places of worship in Britain and Ireland. Aims, committee, list of contents of its journal, news and conference.
UNESCO: World Heritage
- Calendar of events, the guiding principles of the World Heritage Committee, list of World Heritage Sites, special reports and online exhibitions, ways to participate.
Vernacular Architecture Forum
- Aims to encourage the study and preservation of the ordinary architecture of North America. Publishes a scholarly journal and a newsletter. Board of directors, membership application, news and annual meeting.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2011 at 9:30:43 UTC -