become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Materials
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Materials and Supplies
Science: Environment: Water Resources: Wastewater: History
Azulejos de Lisboa
- Colin Manning gives a photographic tour of some of the Portuguese tiles, known as azulejos, which adorn the inside and outside of almost every home in Portugal.
- A compilation of documents covering the history of brick-making and brick-building, particularly in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, US. Includes a bibliography.
- David Moore's writings and references on Roman and modern concrete technology and construction.
Stone Roofing Association
- Provides an introduction to sandstone and limestone roofs, giving the geology, history and use of stone slates, with bibliography and glossary.
Tiles and Architectural Ceramics Society
- This UK society provides a beginner's guide to the history of tiles used pave floors or decorate walls.
Timeline of Concrete
- The story of concrete from the natural deposit of cement compounds 12,000,000 BC, through the creation of concrete by the Romans to its uses in the 1990s. Short bibliography.
The Traditional Paint Forum
- A non-profit group with an interest in historic decorative schemes, which publishes the journal "Traditional Paint News" (contents listed online). Annual conference, membership, news.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 4, 2014 at 6:15:05 UTC -