become an editor
the entire directory
only in Architecture/Experimental
Open Directory - Arts: Architecture: Experimental
Architects Design in Cyberspace
- Illustrated article by Alfredo Andia and Claudia Busch on the designs by New York based architectural firm Asymptote on a virtual New York Stock Exchange.
- Aleksandra Kasuba explains how to install curved fabric structures (under tension) in environmental and architectural projects. Examples of her installations. Biography, bibliography.
- Margot Kasojevik presents dynamics, simulation and animation design processes in architecture. Includes animations.
Design Museum: Archigram / Architects (1961-1974)
- Formed by a group of young London architects, Archigram magazine dominated the architectural avant garde in the 1960s with its playful, pop-inspired visions of a technocratic future. Exhibition at the Design Museum, London.
- Sabine von Fischer explores space in material and thought, in the form of drawings and texts – from concept and criticism to construction. Projects focus on sensorial and invisible boundaries such as "sonic barriers", and on completely collapsed objects in the "event horizon" series.
- David Fisher presents his design for a rotating tower in Dubai. Between its independently rotating floors are wind turbines, generate electric energy for itself as well as for other buildings. Includes description, video and press articles.
Just-In-Time Infrastructure Prototype
- Igor Kebelour presents a concept of domestic, working, public and mobile institutions merged into one. Includes model, analysis and discussion.
- Profile, biography and bibliography of Lebbeus Woods, experimental architect and professor at European Graduate School.
Mas Yendo Experimental Projects
- The Japanese architect describes and illustrates his experimental works. Includes biography and writings.
Michael Hansmeyer - Computational Architecture
- Features profile and experiments in computational and algorithmic architecture.
- A manifesto on the subject of parasitic architecture; defined as an adaptable, transient and exploitative form of architecture that forces relationships with host buildings.
- Argentinian architect and academic Patricio Pouchulu displays his portfolio of futuristic designs, including those for major competitions.
The Steel Research House
- An experiment in modern house design using light steel framing at the University of Nottingham, UK. Context, project outline and progress. Feedback form for comments.
- A resonant house built on a Lake Michigan beach as a joint experiment between David Hanawalt, architect, and Bill Close, sonic installation artist. Includes photographs and video with music.
- Russian architect Anvar Khairoylline enthuses about the possibilities of tent structures. His profile, illustrated summary of his thesis and examples of projects using the principles of tent construction.
The Translucent House
- A prototype by Alfons Soldevila. Photograph parades show the building process from design to finish, and other buildings using translucence. A detailed description and theoretical background.
- Creating homes from a harmonious family of geometric forms. Includes definitions, symbolism, images, and construction.
Usenet alt.architecture.alternative -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, March 26, 2012 6:15:25 AM EDT -