become an editor
the entire directory
only in Building_Types/Restaurants
Recreation: Food: History
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings: Periods and Styles: Googie
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Roadside
- A celebration of London's formica 50s and 60s cafes. A history explains the utilitarian minimalist context. Photographs and brief descriptions of over 100 cafes; cafes in TV and film; bibliography.
- Photography group to share photos of old diners.
- The history of a chain of railway hotels and restaurants built from 1870 by English immigrant Fred Harvey in the American Southwest. Includes photographs and details by state, newsclippings and bibliography.
- Tribute site to Howard Johnson's Restaurants in the US. Includes history and directory of existing locations.
J. Lyons & Co.
- An illustrated history by Peter Bird of this British caterer and food manufacturer from 1887-1998, including its chains of teashops and cornerhouse restaurants.
The Willow Tea Rooms, Glasgow
- Designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh in 1904 in his distinctive Art Nouveau style, it has been recreated and serves today as a cafe specialising in teas. Includes history and photographs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 24, 2015 at 13:37:40 UTC -