become an editor
the entire directory
only in Religious/Temples
Arts: Architecture: History: Periods and Styles: Classical
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Seven Wonders of the World
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Hinduism: Temples
This category in other languages:
Beijing Service: Temple of Heaven
- First built in 1420, it was the place where emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties came to worship the God of Heaven. Illustrated history and description of this World Heritage site.
- The Virtual Museum of Japanese arts gives an overview of the history of pagoda and hall temple forms in Japan, together with photographs and histories of famous examples.
- Patrick George provides a photograph of a temple at Khajuraho and drawings which clarify its structure.
- Provides an illustrated guide to over 2000 Indian temples with pointers to their architectural, cultural, religious and historical significance and tourist information.
- Images and information on well-known temples of all periods across the world, from Great Buildings Online.
- The British Museum provides a readable, illustrated introduction to the temples of Ancient Egypt. Includes an interactive reconstruction of a New Kingdom temple.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 30, 2015 at 10:31:43 UTC -