the entire directory
only in Religious/Christian
Arts: Crafts: Glass: Stained
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Arts
This category in other languages:
- This boldly modern Roman Catholic Cathedral was among the first whose design followed the principles of the Second Vatican Council. Designed by the Percy Thomas Partnership, it was consecrated in 1973. The official site includes an illustrated description.
Ecclesiastical Architects and Surveyors Association
- EASA is a non-profit organisation in the UK which promotes good standards of design and repair of ecclesiastical buildings across all denominations.
The Metropolitan Cathedral of Liverpool (RC)
- The official site gives a history of this remarkable Modernist building completed in 1967. Designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd, the circular plan and spiked elevation is intended to evoke Christ's crown of thorns. Includes virtual tour and history.
The Roughwood British Churches Album
- Photographs of the interior and exterior features of historical churches in England.
Saint Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church
- Church in San Francisco that was designed to accommodate the congregation's unusual liturgical practices. The official site includes a tour.
Village Churches In and Around Peterborough
- Includes several hundred photographs of churches within 20 miles of Peterborough, England.
New Church Architecture Journal Launched
- A new magazine, Sacred Architecture, edited by Duncan Stroik and devoted to issues of church architecture from an orthodox Catholic perspective premiered in December. (February 01, 1999)
Roots of Modernist Church Architecture
- In this article from Adoremus Bulletin Duncan Stroik, professor of architecture at Notre Dame University, shows how the Church adopted the architecture of the secular realm. (October 01, 1997)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 29, 2015 at 11:51:49 UTC -