become an editor
the entire directory
only in Building_Types/Pyramids
Open Directory - Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Pyramids
Arts: Architecture: History: Periods and Styles: Egyptian
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies: History: By Time Period: Ancient History: Africa: Egypt: Pyramids
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Seven Wonders of the World
This category in other languages:
The Construction of the Pyramids
- An illustrated guide to the construction, architecture and the evolution of the design of the pyramids from the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism.
Egyptian Centres of Cult Worship
- Photographs and sectional drawings of the Egyptian pyramids.
Engineering the Pyramids
- Professor Michel Barsoum describes evidence that parts of the Great Pyramids of Giza were built using an early form of concrete.
The Giza Plateau Mapping Project
- Research on the geology and topography of the Giza plateau, construction and function of the Sphinx, Great Pyramids, associated tombs and temples, and the Old Kingdom town in the vicinity.
Great Pyramid of Khufu - El Giza, Egypt - Great Buildings Online
- Great Pyramid of Khufu by unknown architect, at El Giza, Egypt, -2600 to -2480, in the Great Buildings Online.
Pyramid of Man - The House of Going Forth by Day
- An illustrated discussion by Vincent Brown on the architecture of Old Kingdom pyramids, with bibliography. The focus is on the depiction of the figure of Osiris in the substructure of Khufu's pyramid.
- The British Museum provides a readable, illustrated introduction to the pyramids of Ancient Egypt. Includes an interactive reconstruction of Khufu's pyramid complex.
- An illustrated description of the evolution of the Egyptian pyramids and discussion of how they were built from King Tut One.com. Includes a virtual model of the Great Pyramid.
The Pyramids of Egypt
- Photographs by Frank P. Roy together with brief information, and site plans of pyramid complexes. Also a timeline and pyramid statistics, with sources, a map of Egypt and uncritical discussion of the Orion theory.
The Pyramids of Giza
- CultureFocus provides an illustrated introduction to the most famous monuments of ancient Egypt.
Pyramids: The Inside Story
- NOVA Online tours the Great Pyramid in QuickTime VR, explains how the pyramids were constructed and by whom. Also covers a 1997 excavation of the bakery that fed the pyramid builders.
The Step Pyramid Complex of Djoser
- Clickable plan and images, provided by the University of Pennsylvania.
The Upuaut Project
- Computer-based study combined with robotic investigation of the shafts in the Great Pyramid of Cheops by engineer Rudolf Gantenbrink. He argues that they were not air shafts.
Harvard Magazine: Who Built the Pyramids?
- Archaeologist Mark Lehner has discovered a city of pyramid workers. Illustrations include a conjectural drawing of the Giza plateau near the end of Khufu's reign. (July 01, 2003)
Door Shuts on Pyramid's Mysteries
- The BBC reports that the secrets of Egypt's Great Pyramid of Cheops will remain locked up for another 12 months after a door blocks a miniature robot explorer. (September 17, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2013 at 10:15:09 UTC -