become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mills/United_Kingdom
Open Directory - Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Mills: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings
Midland Wind and Water Mills Group
- A voluntary, non-profit making society of mill enthusiasts in the Midland counties of England. Activities, publications, membership. List of mills in the Midlands area open to the public, with links.
SPAB Mills Section
- The UK's national organisation for anyone interested in the preservation of windmills and watermills. Part of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings.
Sussex Mills Group
- Promotes the study, maintenance and history of traditional windmills and watermills in Sussex. Includes lists of mills with locations, photographs, events and news.
The Mills Archive
- Mills Archive Trust, an educational charity, shares records and history relating to traditional mills and milling. It contains many thousands of digital images and documents as well as extensive databases of information.
The Mills Research Group
- A voluntary society which aims to encourage and conduct research into the traditional use of wind, water and animal power in the UK. Aims, conferences, publications.
The Roughwood Mill Album
- Photographs and postcards of English windmills and watermills, taken or collected by Mark Collins.
University of Kent: Wind and Watermills Collections
- The collections include around 4,000 photographs of windmills in Great Britain, photographed by Donald Muggeridge 1930s-1960s. Online catalogue by English and Welsh counties, with some images. Also the C.P. Davies Collection, which centres on Kent and Sussex mills.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:16:46 PM EDT -