become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Michigan
Regional: North America: United States: Michigan: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings
Inventory of Historic Light Stations--Michigan Lighthouses
- From the National Park Service. An in depth inventory, with pictures, complete description of the light stations, accessibility, and links.
DeTour Reef Light Preservation Society
- This 1931 lighthouse is located at DeTour Passage at the northwestern head of Lake Huron. Site contains photographs, the history of the light plus information on preservation efforts.
Grand Traverse Lighthouse
- Northport. Photos, history, exhibits, and events of this 1850 lighthouse.
Granite Island Light Station - Lake Superior
- Photos, videos and history of the lighthouse plus information on its restoration.
Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association
- A non-profit organization who accumulate's and exchange's information about lighthouses and their keepers so that they may be interpreted and their preserved. Information on conferences, cruises, and membership.
- The 1895 Bete Gris Light Station is on the Keweenaw Peninsula. Information and pictures about its evolution, lightkeepers, and conservancy. Also a tour, maps, articles, a live camera and links.
Michigan Lighthouse Conservancy
- Nonprofit group dedicated to preserving lighthouses and life-saving stations and their artifacts.
Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse
- A 1892 lighthouse complex run by Mackinac State Historic Parks. Facts and pictures of the lighthouse and current preservation efforts.
Ontonagon County Lighthouse
- This 1866 lighthouse is on Lake Superior constructed at Ontonagon. Site contains photographs and a description of the lighthouse, and its preservation efforts.
Pointe Aux Barques Lighthouse Society
- Port Hope. Site contains information and links on the light, its construction, light keepers, and equipment. Also information about the Society and its efforts and the associated Thumb Underwater Bottomland Preserve.
Seeing The Light - The Lighthouses of Michigan
- Resource of historical information, keepers, seeing, and finding the lighthouses of the western Great Lakes.
Seul Choix Light House
- Vintage photograph, history and information on light located in the Upper Peninsula of the Gulliver area.
South Channel Lights / Lake St. Clair
- Save our South Channel Lights was formed to raise public awareness and support for the preservation and restoration of the 1855 lights. Images, membership, contact information, and video.
Straits of Mackinac Lighthouses
- Photograph's of lighthouses in the Mackinac Straits area. Includes satellite pictures, lighthouse seaplane tour, live bridge cam and links.
Upper Peninsula Lighthouses on Lake Superior
- A listing with links to lighthouses on Lake Superior which are open to the public.
Waugoshance Lighthouse Preservation Society
- Located in northern Lake Michigan, this site contains the history, photographs,and blueprints of the lighthouse; plus information on preservation efforts.
Lighthouses - Michigan
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 30, 2014 at 6:05:10 UTC -