become an editor
the entire directory
only in Building_Types/Iconic
U.S. Roadside Architecture
The Big Duck
- An illustrated history from Roadside America of the roadside farmstand in Long Island, United States, shaped like a duck to advertise that ducks and duck-eggs were sold there.
- Roadside America takes a look at houses shaped like giant shoes in Pennsylvania and California: history, description and images.
Longaberger Office Building
- Glass, Steel and Stone provides a photograph and brief description of this 1997 building in Newark, Ohio, in the shape of a basket, headquarters of a firm that makes baskets.
Lucy the Elephant
- Photograph and brief history of this timber-built elephant in New Jersey from the Boardwalk catalog.
A Scottish Pineapple
- J.K. Gillon's illustrated description and discussion of the inspiration for the Dunmore Pineapple garden folly, built in 1761.
- Boasts unique 'americana' architecture in the form of concrete teepees. Includes pictures, history, and typical motel information. Rialto, California.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2014 at 12:54:09 UTC -