become an editor
the entire directory
only in Houses/Villas
Arts: Architecture: History: Architects: P: Palladio, Andrea
Craig Ailey Villa
- Ken Owen provides an illustrated history of the villa in Cove, on the Firth of Clyde, designed by Alexander "Greek" Thomson. Includes measured drawings and excerpts from sources.
- The Victorian villa which Thomas Hardy designed and built for himself in 1885. History, plan of the gardens, visits seminars and the Thomas Hardy Essay Competition.
Medici Villas in Florence and its Surroundings
- A photograph and description of each from Your Way to Florence.
- The official site gives an illustrated history and virtual tour of this Italian Renaissance villa with frescos and ornate 18th-century stables. Visitor information.
The Roman Villa of Piazza Armerina, Sicily
- An illustrated room-by-room description by René Seindal of the villa with the richest collection of late Roman mosaics. Includes bibliography, plan and more than 200 photographs.
Roman Villas in Britain
- Guy de la Bédoyère describes how classical Roman villas were built and used, with examples from Britain and bibliography. Illustrations include reconstructions.
- The National Trust describes this Edwardian villa in Hertfordshire, the home of George Bernard Shaw 1906-1950. History, photographs, biography of Shaw, news and events.
Tibursuperbum : Villa d'Este
- About the villa in Italy designed by Pirro Ligorio, included in the UNESCO world heritage list. History, information and photos. Also contains information on the Villa Adriana.
Villa & Jardins Ephrussi de Rothschild
- Visit the historic home and landscaped gardens of an enlightened collector. History, collections, news, boutique, and opening times. Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, France.
Villa Aldobrandini, Rome
- Paula J. Howarth tells the story of this villa built at the beginning of the 17th century by Cardinal Pietro Aldobrandini, with bibliography.
Wikipedia: Palladian Villas of the Veneto
- An introduction to this cluster of works by Andrea Palladio and his students which are listed as a World Heritage site. The list of villas includes links to illustrated articles on specific villas.
- An illustrated definition and description of the various types of building which have been called villas from Roman to modern from the collaborative encyclopedia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 16, 2016 at 16:00:35 UTC -