become an editor
the entire directory
only in Houses/Log_Cabins
Arts: Architecture: History: Vernacular: North America: United States
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Materials and Supplies: Wood and Plastics: Heavy Timber Construction: Log Buildings
Great Lakes School of Log Building
- Teaching the craft of log building in northern Minnesota. Provides a lengthy bibliography on the history and techniques of log construction.
Lincoln Log Cabin State Historic Site
- The 1840s home of Thomas and Sarah Bush Lincoln is now an 86-acre living history farm run by the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency, which includes a replica of the Lincoln log cabin and two other farm houses of the period.
Log Cabins in America: The Finnish Experience
- This lesson plan from the US National Park Service provides a history of the log cabin tradition and Scandinavian influence on American pioneers.
Log Cabins: Building Homes on the American Frontier
- Jackie Craven explains that today's log cabins may be spacious and elegant, but in the 1800s they reflected the hardships of life on the North American frontier.
Log Homes Council
- US national organization of manufacturers of log homes. Showcases a log home each month, offers log home information, and lists accredited members.
Morgan Log House, Towamencin, PA
- Brief history, description and visitor information on the 17th-century log house, home of Daniel Boone's grandparents.
PBS: Frontier House: Frontier Life
- Illustrated article by Christopher W. Czajka on the homes built on the United States frontier in the latter part of the 19th century. Covers the historical background and details of construction. Includes a short bibliography.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 21, 2013 at 5:15:04 UTC -