become an editor
the entire directory
only in Houses/Country
Reference: Museums: History: Historic Houses
Belvedere House Gardens and Park
- An 18th-century hunting lodge in Ireland designed by German architect Richard Castle with garden follies. The official site includes a brief history and visitor information.
- The official site for this grandiose 19th-century mansion in Asheville, North Carolina, designed by Richard Morris Hunt in the French Renaissance style. Brief history, photographs, visitor information.
Castle and Gardens of Freyr on the Meuse
- The official site of this grand Renaissance country house in Belgium provides an outline history, photographs and visitor information.
The Castle of Gola, Poland
- Cedric Gendaj gives a plan, images and history of this Renaissance house erected in 1580 by Leonard von Rohnau. Also information on the park and summer workcamps.
Darshana Hall Plantation
- Darshana is one of the oldest and largest plantations the Southern Piedmont of North Carolina. The first house here was built in 1753 for John McElwarth. Illustrated history and visitor information.
La Roche Courbon
- French chateau built in the 15th century and extended in the 17th. The official site supplies a photograph, brief history, location and visitor information in English, French and German.
- The official site of this Pennsylvania mansion built by Sarah Cochran in 1913 includes photographs and a brief history. Visitor information.
Yin Yu Tang, A Chinese Home
- Interactive tour of a house that belonged to a merchant from the late Qing dynasty, and was originally located in southeastern China. From the Peabody Essex Museum. [Requires Flash].
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 23, 2014 at 14:05:12 UTC -