become an editor
the entire directory
only in Castles/Japan
Regional: Asia: Japan: Arts and Entertainment: Traditional: Architecture
Regional: Asia: Japan: Society and Culture: History: Feudal Period
Castles of Japan
- Aryn Lickey provides a computer aided montage of how Yonago Castle might have appeared, with a map of its location.
Castles of Japan
- Takashi Toyooka offers a location map, brief description, thumbnail photographs and any relevant links for each castle. Select via an interactive map or an index. Bibliography.
The Castles of Japan
- ThinkQuest provides an illustrated guide to surviving castles, together with the historic context and design features. Includes a bibliography and simulations of castle-storming.
- Constructed reason,record of war,size of building.
Guide to Japanese Castles
- Eric Obershaw provides a general history and description of castles in Japan, and photographs of castles he has visited, with histories taken from the official brochures and display text.
- History, movie, and links.
Japanese Castle Explorer
- An interactive map, pictures and information about the Castles of Japan.
- A few photographs by Jamie Marconi of the more famous castles in Japan.
- List of castle ruins and history.
- Structures, castle town, history, guard tower and wall and moat.
- Read guides to Japanese castles and Japanese castle architecture including Himeji Castle, Kumamoto Castle, Nijo Castle and other important castles.
Japan’s 100 Famous Castles And Castle Ruins
- Famous 100 castles map in JAPAN. Selected by the authority(JAPAN CASTLE Association )
- History, design and photograph of castle tower and decoration.
- Kyoto castle built by the first Tokugawa shogun.
Oshiro Meguri Fan
- Gallery in Japan castle and city's setting.
Shiro: A Japanese Castle
- Stephen Wyley discusses the development and aspects of Japanese castles. Drawings by Steven Lowe.
Virtual Tour Himeji Castle
- History, map, tour and gallery of photographs of this magnificent timber castle on a stone base, built in 1601 by Terumasa Ikeda - a World Heritage site. By Hakurotowa No Kai.
Wikipedia: Azuchi Castle
- An illustrated history and description of this fortress built 1576-1579 by Oda Nobunaga on the shores of Lake Biwa.
Wikipedia: Edo Castle
- An illustrated history and description of this castle built in 1457 by Ōta Dōkan in what is now the Chiyoda ward of Tokyo.
Wikipedia: Osaka Castle
- An illustrated history and description of this important castle, built from 1583 by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2014 at 13:29:48 UTC -