become an editor
the entire directory
only in Castles/Ireland
Regional: Europe: Ireland: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings
Birr Castle Demesne
- The official site supplies photographs and chronology of the castle, home to Lord and Lady Rosse, which is not open to the public. The early 17th-century castle was built around a medieval gate-house.
- Ireland Interactive provides images and brief history of this medieval castle, famed for its Blarney Stone. Visitor information.
Castles of Galway
- Patrick Larkin's photographs of the ancient medieval castles, tower-houses and fortified mansions of County Galway, Ireland.
King John's Castle
- An illustrated history from Earthlore Ireland of the medieval fortress in Limerick built to guard the Shannon frontier. Includes discoveries from 1990s excavations.
Swords Castle, Co Dublin
- Fiona O'Raw provides history and photographs of the Norman and medieval castle of the Archbishop of Dublin. Also the 9th-century Round Tower. From Around Swords.
- An urban medieval tower house in Youghal, County Cork. An illustrated history, details of its restoration and plans and elevations from owner Daniel McCarthy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 28, 2007 at 3:22:12 UTC -