become an editor
the entire directory
only in Castles/France
Regional: Europe: France: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture
This category in other languages:
- List of the castles in France between Medieval times and Renaissance. [English and French.]
Castle of the Dukes of Brittany
- Official website of Nantes' Castle and its museum. Practical information, program of cultural events and temporary exhibitions.
Cathar Castles in the Languedoc
- Explains which castles in the region were genuine Cathar strongholds and which, though claimed to be, were actually castles built by the French after the Crusade, and used to defend their new border with Aragon.
Chateau de Culan
- Medieval Castle in the center of France.
Chateau de Lavaud
- Countryside B&B in XIX'c chateau in south west France close to recreational and cultural activities.
Château de Landreville
- Castle in the Champagne-Ardenne built in the 12th century and rebuilt in the 16th century, it retains its moat and is a rare example of the pre-Renaissance French castle.
Château de Saint-Loup
- French medieval castle converted into a grand country house in the 17th century, but retaining its keep and moat. Includes history, description and interior and exterior photographs.
- Web-France International offers a history, photographs and description of this 14th-century castle in the Loire Valley. French language version available.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 17, 2013 at 11:22:39 UTC -