become an editor
the entire directory
only in Building_Types/Exhibition
Open Directory - Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Exhibition
Art Galleries and Museums
- Information on the architect, location, date, construction system, context and style of a world selection from Great Buildings Online.
The British Museum: History
- The official site gives a history and an historic image of the buildings at its core designed by Sir Robert and Sidney Smirke and erected between the 1820s and 1850s.
The Crystal Palace
- Computer models of this Victorian marvel designed by Joseph Paxton from the University of Virginia, with an illustrated account of its history and construction.
The Crystal Palace Foundation
- Group dedicated to preserving the history of the Crystal Palace, who have created a museum on the site. Includes images and a history of the building after the Great Exhibition closed in October 1851.
Exhibition and Exposition
- Great Buildings Online provides images and information on a selection of buildings in Europe, North American and Japan designed for exhibition purposes.
The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
- The Shrine of the Book, erected in 1965 for the preservation and exhibition of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Brief illustrated history of this remarkable building designed by American-Jewish architects A.Bartos and F. Kiesler.
The Natural History Museum: History and Architecture
- An illustrated outline from the official site of the remarkable Victorian buildings in South Kensington, designed by Waterhouse and decorated with carvings of animals and plants.
ArchitectureWeek: Foster and Partners Roof the Great Court
- Don Barker explains the history of the great neoclassical British Museum designed by Robert Smirke in the context of the new steel and glass roof. (February 14, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:15:39 AM EDT -