become an editor
the entire directory
only in Educational_Institutions/One-Room_Schools
Open Directory - Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Educational Institutions: One-Room Schools
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: History of Education
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Youth: History
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Education
- History of this 1881 Michigan one-room school which was moved to Shelby Township in 1975.
- Brief history and photograph of this 1882 California schoolhouse.
Banner Oak School
- Photograph and history of this Michigan brick schoolhouse constructed circa 1871.
- History and background for 1886 one-room schoolhouse in Johnstown, Ohio.
Craigflower Manor and Schoolhouse
- Wikipedia gives pictures, description, history and archaeology of this manor house in British Columbia, with the school built to provide education for the children of farm employees.
Early Schools of Fulton County
- Photographs and histories of several schools in this Ohio county.
- Historic photograph and brief history of this brick schoolhouse located in Forestville, Minnesota.
Friends of Old Halfway Prairie Schoolhouse
- Preservation organization related to the 1855 Wisconsin schoolhouse, listed as the oldest rural elementary school in Dane County.
- Brief history of this circa 1918 Kentucky schoolhouse which now serves as a museum.
- Picture, brief history, and restoration efforts of this Grafton, Utah schoolhouse built in 1886.
Historic Fort Snelling Schoolhouse
- Picture and brief history of this St. Paul, Minnesota school. The first Protestant congregation and the first school on the upper Mississippi met here in the 1820s.
Iron Hill School: An African-American One-Room School
- National Park Service Teaching with Historic Places lesson plan which uses this 1923 Delaware school to teach themes of segregation, education, and the evolution of civil rights.
Kansas One Room Schoolhouse Project
- Contains histories and a picture gallery of numerous schools, organized by county.
- Pictures and description of the schoolhouse in Kennaway, a settlement village near the modern town of Harcourt, Ontario.
- Photograph and brief history of this 1897 California schoolhouse which was moved to the Boronda History Center in 1986 and now serves as a museum.
Little Red Schoolhouse
- Brief description and graphic of this 1871 Kansas one-room school, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Little Red Schoolhouse
- History and restoration of this 1879 New York schoolhouse.
Little Red Schoolhouse
- History and picture of this 1835 Ohio one-room school which has been relocated and now serves as a museum.
Marshall Center One Room School
- Sue Grosboll gives a detailed history of the 1893 structure which was moved to the University of Northern Iowa campus in 1988, complete with a list of one-room school museums in Iowa and a bibliography.
Michigan One-Room Schoolhouse Association
- Group which coordinates a survey of one-room schools in the state and holds an annual conference. Contact information, merchandise, and a bi-annual newsletter.
Milan Township District 83
- History of this 1900 Illinois one-room school that was reconstructed on the campus of Northern Illinois University in 1999.
Mission Ridge One Room School
- Photographs and history of this circa 1870 West Virginia school which has been moved to the West Virginia State Farm Museum complex.
Mount Zion One Room Schoolhouse
- Photograph and hours of operation for this 1869 Maryland schoolhouse which now serves as a museum.
Nathan Hale Schoolhouse
- History of this 1750 one-room school from the Connecticut Society of the Sons of the American Revolution.
National Register Nomination for the Central District School
- Building description, statement of significance, and picture index related to this 1844 Vermont schoolhouse.
- Photographs and history of this New York schoolhouse constructed circa 1923.
One Room Schoolhouse
- Picture and brief profile of this 1779 Connecticut schoolhouse.
One Room Schoolhouses
- Pictures of several historic schoolhouses from Brown, Condit, East Bend, and Newcomb Townships, Illinois.
One Room Schoolhouses of Michigan
- Collection of photographs of historic schools available for purchase.
Pioneer Sholes School
- History and picture gallery of this circa 1872 Illinois school which has been relocated and renovated and now serves as a museum.
Port Republic School Number 7
- Brief description of this one-room school located on the grounds of Christ Church in Port Republic, Maryland
Restoration of Croft Schoolhouse
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission restoration of a two-story, four-room North Carolina schoolhouse originally constructed in 1890.
Roll One Room School House
- Photographs and brief history of this 1903 Oklahoma schoolhouse which was donated to the Historic Roger Mills Preservation Foundation to serve as a museum.
- Photographs and brief history of this New Jersey one room school which is now used as a museum for the Ridgewood Historical Society.
Schooling: Education on the Frontier
- Gallery of historic photographs from the Fred Hultstrand and F.A. Pazandak Photograph Collection of life in the Northern Great Plains from 1880-1920.
Shelby Area One Room Schools
- Photographs and information regarding several historic schools compiled by the Shelby chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society.
- Pictures and detailed history of this 1884 Arizona schoolhouse which is the oldest standing schoolhouse in Arizona.
- Photographs, history, and restoration of this circa 1900 schoolhouse which is now part of the Vicksburg, Michigan Historic Village.
- History of this 1881 Wisconsin one-room school which was reconstructed and now is part of the Chippewa Valley Museum.
Sutter Creek Grammar School
- Photograph and brief history of this two story brick California school constructed in 1870.
The Archaeology of Schools
- This site is intended to serve as a forum for the exchange of information on the archaeological potential of one-room schoolhouse sites. Its contents include a bibliography on the archaeology of one-room schools and related educational sites as well as on-line versions of professional conference papers when available.
The One Room School Resource Center
- Links to one-room school resources and a bulletin board.
The Purdy School: A One-room Schoolhouse Experience
- Brief history of this 1860 Illinois schoolhouse which was moved to the John A. Logan College Carterville campus in 1983.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:45:35 PM EDT -