the entire directory
only in Architecture/Building_Types
Hospitals and Asylums
Inns and Public Houses
Theaters and Cinemas
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Building Types
Recreation: Travel: Lodging: Heritage Accommodations
This category in other languages:
Church House South Tawton, Devon, UK
- History, location, usage and restoration project of a 15th-century village hall built of granite and thatch. An outstanding example of a special type of medieval community building.
- Showcases books, lectures and workshops by Christine Barnes on the most important lodges in North America. Includes a database with photographs and concise details.
Metro Arts and Architecture
- Dozens of subway cities which are remarkable for their interesting stations. Descriptions and photographs from Metro Bits by Mike Rohde.
The Pigeon Cote of Old
- Pigeon Cote hosts a complete annotated version of Cooke's Book of Dovecotes, which is an illustrated guide. Also bibliography and links.
- Explore the architecture and history of railroad stations around the world. Zane Riester includes a bibliography.
- Dale Travis provides photographs and locations of round and octagonal barns across the United States and Canada.
Underground Buildings: Architecture and Environment
- An exploration of the viability of underground buildings in contemporary America, with some discussion of international examples.
- Peter Higginbotham explores in depth the history of the British buildings where employment was provided for the destitute. Includes a gazetteer by country and county.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 7, 2013 at 19:39:23 UTC -