become an editor
the entire directory
only in Architecture/Archives
Architectural Archives of the University of Pennsylvania
- Contains the works of more than 400 designers from the 18th century to today, most notably the office drawings, models and papers of Louis I. Kahn, located in Philadelphia.
Architecture of Wales
- Collection of architectural drawings, mostly of Welsh structures, held at The National Library of Wales.
Avery Library Drawings and Archives
- A collection of 500,000 items, including original drawings, blueprints, photographs, correspondence, and other architectural records at Columbia University, New York.
- This foundation in Switzerland houses the professional archives of Luis Barragán.
Canadian Centre for Architecture
- A museum and study centre devoted to international architecture past and present. The collection includes 42,000 prints and drawings from the late 15th century to the present and 50,000 architectural photographs. French and English language options.
Carnegie Mellon Architecture Archives
- Aims to document the architects and architecture of Pittsburgh and the tri-state region of western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and northern West Virginia.
Environmental Design Archives
- A repository of historical architecture and landscape architecture records at the College of Environmental Design, University of California. Collections, programs and services.
- Photographs by Samuel Gottscho and William Schleisner in the Library of Congress of the architecture and interior design of 20th-century America. Can be browsed or searched.
The International Archive of Women in Architecture
- At Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University documents the history of women's professional involvement in the field of architecture before the 1950s. Biographical dictionary.
Irish Architectural Archive
- The archive was established in 1976 to collect, preserve and make available to the public records of every kind relating to the architecture of Ireland.
Lambeth Palace Library
- Includes the archive of the Incorporated Church Building Society (1818-1984), the single largest source of plans and drawings of new and rebuilt churches in the UK. Library holdings, services, news.
The National Monuments Record
- Public archive of English Heritage.Photographs, architectural and archaeological reports, plans and items related to the historic environment of England.
Sir Basil Spence Archive Project
- Collates images, videos and commentary on Britain's most celebrated post war architect. The archive was presented to the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland by the Spence family.
The Southeastern Architectural Archive
- This archive at Tulane University is New Orleans' major repository for architectural records. Has cataloged records of more than 120 firms. Opening hours, architects represented, resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 23, 2013 at 2:04:44 UTC -