become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Arts: Performing Arts: Acting: Education
Recreation: Audio: Home Recording
Voice Acting 101
- By Joe Bevilacqua. [Animation World Magazine] Highly informative article on breaking into voice acting. Includes photos and interview quotes from Joe Alaskey, Bob Bergen, Greg Burson, Corey Burton, Nancy Cartwright, June Foray, Lee Richard Harris, David Kaye, Stephanie Morganstern, Daws Butler, and Phil Proctor.
Acting In Brief
- By Dr. Charles Northrup. Online acting lessons for the beginner to advanced actor.
Getting Started In Voiceovers
- By Bill Murray. [voiceovers.com] Expert advice from a professional.
How to be a Voiceover Professional or at Least Act Like One
- By Jim Staylor. [Staylor-Made Communications] Tips, tricks and techniques including what to do before, during and after a VO recording session, and advice from performers, agents, directors, and audio engineers. [PDF]
How to Build a Character For Voice Actors
- By Adria Firestone. [EzineArticles.com] "[A]s voice actors, your greatest learning tool is observing the humans around you."
How To Get Started In Voice Acting
- By James R. Alburger. [VoiceActing.com] Detailed excerpts from Alburger's book "How To Get Jobs For The Voices In Your Head."
How to Make a Voice Demo Tape
- [TalentPoole.com] A voiceover talent agency offers 10 tips for making a demo.
Ian Alexander - Hints, Tips & Tricks
- Theories, ideas, and practical workarounds from a voice-over specialist. "They come with no guarantee they will apply to your situation, but you may find them helpful."
Tony Oliver on 'Adventures in Voice Acting'
- [Anime News Network] Interview explaining anime dubs and voice-over workshops.
- Dr.Charles Northrup offers vocal exercises to develop your resonance and pronunciation in preparation for auditions.
If They Mention Voice-Over Work, It's Just All Talk
- By Howard Leff. [LA Times] Advice for beginners and aspiring voice actors. (April 29, 2007)
10 Steps to Voice Over Success
- By Joshua Seth. [Animation World Magazine] The voice of Tai in "Digimon: The Movie" offers expert advice for aspiring voice over artists. (January 01, 2001)
Having A Voice In The Industry
- [Animation World Magazine] Gregory Singer offers advice to aspiring voice actors on how to get into the industry. (April 01, 2000)
How To Choose A Voice Acting Workshop
- [Animation World Magazine] Laura Schiff reports good, solid advice from the experts regarding what to look for in a voice acting workshop. (April 01, 2000)
Getting That First Voice-over Role
- Compiled by Heather Kenyon. [Animation World Magazine] What casting and voice-over directors look for, and how they choose who they choose - the "do's" and "don'ts" to help you set yourself aside from the pack and capture that coveted first gig. (September 01, 1999)
An Interview With Kris Zimmerman On Voice Directing & Timing
- By Laura Schiff. [Animation World Magazine] Interview on how to approach nailing down the best performance time after time. (September 01, 1999)
Jamie Thomason: Casting and Directing Disney Television
- By Heather Kenyon. [Animation World Magazine] Insight into the business of voice directing, casting as well as advice for aspiring voice actors. (September 01, 1999)
- By Adam Worcester. [Puget Sound Business Journal] It's almost impossible to survive in the crowded voice-over market by doing strictly local gigs. (May 18, 1998)
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 3, 2014 at 6:15:05 UTC -