become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animation/Stop-Motion
Nightmare Before Christmas, The
Wallace and Gromit
Arts: Animation: Artists: Directors: Svankmajer, Jan
Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Directing: Directors: B: Burton, Tim
Arts: People: L: Lord, Peter
Arts: Performing Arts: Puppetry
Business: Arts and Entertainment: Media Production: Animation
This category in other languages:
- Message Board, informational, resources, library, and how-to instructionals.
Academy of Art University: School of Animation & Visual Effects
- Offers general animation curriculum including stop motion and also available, online courses.
- The LunchBox Sync is a dedicated frame/image capturing device that provides instant feedback for animators. Uses include syncing for pencil tests or stop motion, also for demo reels, previews, animatics, reference tests, student projects, festival entries, and web animation.
Animation und Puppenbau - Juergen Kling
- Studio in Germany offering stop motion animation production services, ball-socket armatures, puppetmaking, sets, props, and modelmaking. There is also English version of this site.
- A PC based software for single frame capturing in the creation of stop-motion and time-lapse animation. Digital still cameras support, Canon live view, and multiview capable for 3-D stereoscopic animation. (formerly AnimatorDV)
- A large site and community for stop-motion animation using lego bricks. Includes a film database with 1000+ films, a forum and an encyclopedia.
Bricks in Motion
- A filmmaking community and forum devoted to the art of stop motion in the specialty area called 'Brickfilms' or Lego movies.
Building Ball-Socket Armatures
- Description and photos showing the construction of stop motion animation puppet armature joints using common tools and basic metalworking methods.
- A studio in Barcelona, Spain that also does stop motion animation. They have examples of their work and behind the scenes photos.
Clay and Stop Motion Animation How-To Page
- News updates and tutorials about clay and stop motion animation. Includes message boards, image galleries and resources for stop motion/puppet film makers.
The Clay Animation
- Resources, discussion group, materials and supplies links, and other information for those wanting to learn about stop motion clay animation.
Clay Animation & Sculpture
- Stop motion animation movies and pictures created with clay. [Some pages from this site not viewable with some browsers]
Clay Animation Made Easy
- Example of clay and stop motion animation used in an elementary school curriculum. Educators using this tactile animation medium to help encourage language, mathematical, logical, spatial, collaborative and creativity skills.
Create Stop Motion Animation
- A text only tutorial (no images) for beginners about the basics of the stop motion animation process.
Do it Yourself Foam Latex Puppet Making 101
- This video or DVD tutorial is available for purchase which shows the general basics of constructing a stop motion animation puppet using the clay sculpting and molding method, foam rubber latex casting, seaming, and final painting of the puppet.
Doll Making Instructions
- Related to stop motion puppet fabrication, this text and picture tutorial also shows an armature fabrication method using bendable hose type joints.
- Digital image capture software for capturing stop motion animation, motion graphics and visual effects.
- A Sydney based animation company that does mixed media, puppetry, live action, motion graphics, clay animation and stop motion. Video clip animation samples at their website.
- Animation software for stop motion and clay animation techniques and emphasis on creativity exploration in educational curriculum. Online documentation and training manuals.
- This is an inexpensive shareware stop motion animation program for the Apple/Macintosh platform, that enables the users, from novices to professionals, to capture and create animation.
I Can Animate
- Designed for all ages, a software product especially designed for stop animation on the Mac OS X. Includes a variety of features for the creation of animation. The program has earned various recognition awards.
- Stop Motion animation program (for Windows/PC) with included sound effects and background music tracks that allows exportation of finished animation within software.
- Easy to use Stop Motion animation software for Mac OS X. Allows you to use your computer and DV camcorder or USB webcams to capture single frames for stop motion or time lapse applications.
John Wright Modelmaking
- A special effects shop in England that designs and fabricates miniature models for use in puppet animation, offers ball and socket joint parts for do-it-yourself armature fabrication, and they also engineer custom stop motion animation armatures.
La Pate à Modeler Animée
- A clay animation site using digital still camera to record the animation and includes basic, finished animations. Includes some tutorials showing how it was done. The site is in French and has English translation.
The Lone Animator
- An animator and puppet fabricator with gallery of photos showing how different puppets are created, primarily using latex and foam rubber.
Maara Animation Studio
- Studio located in Turkey that does work for animated TV series including commercial advertisement and music videos. You can see examples of their work and behind the scenes photos.
Max Sviridov Plastilina Studio
- Russian animator, director, and instructor. Special emphasis in the clay animation techniques. Finished work examples shown including explanation of the process. Website is written in Russian text but can be converted using online language translators.
- Fantasy and paleo sculpture, one-of-a-kind commissions, character design and maquette creation for special projects. Also experienced in stop motion model fabrication, covering the entire process from design through armature construction, molding, foam casting and finishing.
Michael Davy Film & TV
- Distributor-supplier of a more user friendly 3 part foam latex system. M.D. Foam Latex can be used for casting stop motion animation puppets. Listed under "products" then go to "latex products".
Miles and Jules Studio
- Independent studio in Australia utilizing stop motion animation techniques. Included are many behind the scenes photos and general overview description of methods used in producing their stop motion projects which is outlined in their online journal.
Mind Over Pixels
- Animator Jason Gottlieb's online weblog containing clips in stop motion, CGI, and traditional animation and provides useful tips and tutorials for aspiring animators.
- Plastic jointed coolant hose parts that have other applications, including for use as doll and stop motion armatures for "built-up" puppet constructions.
- For those shooting stop motion using Super 8 film format, this company offers low cost film-to-digital transfers of your Super 8 animation. Film is transferred to miniDV tape format and ready for downloading to your computer.
- Animator from Australia who has done many creative stop motion shorts which have won awards. His photo album site shows you some behind-the-scenes and fabrication methods overview in the creation of animation puppets.
The Puppetry Home Page
- Lists information and resources; covering traditional puppetry, animatronics, and stop motion puppet animation.
- A source for beginners, seasoned professional and people in between who want to upgrade their skills and knowledge in film and video and includes tips and tricks about stop motion production.
- This is brand name of jointed model assembly figures/toys. One can pose them in a variety of positions. With minor modification, they are usable for stop motion animation methods.
Stop Motion Animation Central
- Website includes tips, advice, reviews and some tutorials. Emphasis is on Lego, Stikfas, and jointed toy figures animation.
Stop Motion Animation Workshops & Films
- In the UK, this organization offers workshops, school and holiday classes for all ages and abilities.
Stop Motion E-mail Forum
- Community for discussing the craft with other hobbyists and professionals.
Stop Motion Film
- A resource and informational website from Germany about stop motion animation. Also, there is an English version of this site.
Stop Motion Magazine
- An online quarterly publication devoted to the art of stop motion animation, which will include interviews, reviews, tutorials and articles related to the art form. Downloadable as PDF file.
Stop Motion Pro
- For Windows PCs, a mid-priced frame capturing program for professional level stop motion animation, clay animation, pixillation, and cut out animation techniques.
Stop Motion Works
- Provides information and how-to technical tips on animated puppetry, with FAQ, gallery of work, and news items from the industry.
Strata-Cut Animation: A discussion with David Daniels
- A form of clay animation in which slices of clay are cut away from a 'clay loaf'. After each slice, the face of the loaf is photographed which creates an animation. Interview and videos provides overview of the technique.
Two Left Hands
- Boutique animation studio in France showcasing a variety of stop motion mix media animation methods combining puppets, cut-out photo, computer enhanced, and pixelation.
Zero - short film
- Behind the scenes on the making of this stop motion animation short.
At Last, Foam Puppet Fabrication Explained!
- Article from Animation World Magazine. An overview of the general methods used in stop motion puppet fabrication starting from design, then machining jointed armature, sculpting, molding, and foam latex rubber casting. (February 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 15:15:05 UTC -